Comprehensive concept combined with individual consultation
The expansion of the open spaces on the approximately 8.6-hectare site of the fashion logistics centre took place in two construction phases over several years. The first construction phase consisted of three hall sections, which were completed in 2015. The second construction phase, which also comprised three halls, was completed in 2020.
Challenges of the project:
- Different adjacent areas with different planning specifications
- Mechanical loads due to heavy lorries and high vehicle frequency
- Pollutants such as tyre wear and oil must be reliably collected
- Official requirement to infiltrate 100 percent of all rainwater that accumulates
Collecting, filtering, purifying and infiltrating large quantities of rainwater
HAURATON’s drainage concept is based on sustainable rainwater treatment including infiltration and won over the construction of the logistics centre with the following advantages:
- Proven permanent load-bearing capacity at high frequency and dynamic forces
- DIBt approval of the drainage channels
- Large retention volume in the channel bodies offers safety during heavy rainfall events
- Combination of drainage, cleaning & infiltration
- Infiltration according to planning specifications: Connection to natural swales in agricultural areas, infiltration in infiltration elements near building areas
- Reliably calculable maintenance and easy to carry out at long maintenance intervals
- Optimal positioning of the channels and ideal utilisation of the area geometry in order to save a large amount of channel metres – without compromising on performance
Reliable planning through project management
With planning advice and original solutions, the HAURATON project team was able to competently support the project participants. Our engineers provided active support, particularly with regard to the drainage of the outdoor facilities in compliance with official requirements. With individual service in the planning and construction phases and project-specific drainage solutions, HAURATON was able to prove itself as a reliable partner.
Rainwater management under heavy load conditions
Two drainage systems were combined in the construction project. DRAINFIX CLEAN combines reliable drainage with rainwater treatment. DRAINFIX BLOC elements were installed for the subsequent infiltration of the treated surface water.